Christmas in the Rockies
Snuggly sleigh rides under a warm blanket through snow-capped mountains. Beautiful blue bird days followed by crisp snowy nights. Street carollers and a visit from Santa. Yes, it doesn’t get much more Christmassy than a weekend in Banff.
December 3rd will see Banff’s annual Christmas in the Rockies celebration. A fantastic winter weekend filled with Christmas events for everyone to enjoy. Plus with rates starting from $122 at the Douglas Fir Resort, you will have money for left over for Christmas shopping as well.
See the full schedule of the Christmas events below.
Saturday Dec 3rd
Christmas in the Courtyard
11:30am - 3:30pm
Location: The Bison Courtyard• Fireside professional ice carving
• Little Chippers ice carving to give your little ones a taste of the action
Festive Fun With Santa 1:00pm - 4:00pm
• Christmas Crafts, Carnival Games, Face Painting (for the young and old), Photos with Santa
• Mountain Cluaran Highland Dancers 1:15pm - 1:35pm & 3:15pm - 3:35pm
• Carols from the Bow Valley Chorus 2:00pm - 3:00pm
Events along Banff Avenue
• Performances by Castle Carolers between 1:00pm - 3:00pm
• Free wagon rides! With pick up locations at Holiday On Horseback, the Visitor Information Centre & the Whyte Museum
• "IMAGINaNATION" Puppet Show by Parks Canada Theatre Troupe, Mountain WIT. Performances within the Visitor Information Centre, 1pm, 2pm & 3pm.
• Free fireside hot chocolate and popcorn in front of the Banff Information Centre from 12:30 to 3:00.
Grand Finale - Santa Claus Parade of Lights 5:30pm
Location: Banff Avenue
Santa Claus himself will lead the way down Banff Avenue, bringing the spirit of Christmas to Banff.
Douglas Fir Resort & Chalets. Banff's Finest Family Accommodation.