Ready, Set, Vote Polls Now Open to Vote Banff as Canadas Top Ski Destination
Polls Now Open to Vote Banff as Canadas Top Ski Destination
Banff National Park, Alberta, Canada (January 12, 2010) – Voting is now open in Travelocitys Cabin Fever: Finding the Cure campaign which will reveal Canadas favourite ski destination and the location of the Travelocity Roaming Gnomes next ski holiday. The two Canadian competitors vying for the title are Banff and Whistler.
Voting begins January 12 and ends January 20 at noon EST. Once the winning destination is announced not only will there be huge bragging rights but the ski resort will immediately be visited by the Travelocity Roaming Gnome and his entourage who will enjoy all that the area has to offer including skiing, skating, dog sledding, snow tubing and of course apres ski.
The Travelocity Roaming Gnome is relying on Facebook fans to vote on whether Banff or Whistler is the best ski resort where he can cure his cabin fever.
Banff Lake Louise Tourism is calling on all Albertans to visit the following link to cast their vote for Banff and yes, you can vote more than once.
So why vote for Banff instead of Whistler as Canadas top ski destination?
1. Banff is Canadas first National Park
2. Banff has three ski resorts-Mt. Norquay, The Lake Louise Ski Area and Sunshine Village (Whistler has two) and our 8,000 acres of terrain are in Canadas Protected Playground
3. Our mountains have castles
4. Our authentic mountain holidays date back more than 100 years and always a ski trendsetter Mt. Norquay installed Canadas first chairlift in 1948
5. You can ski without a snorkel and water wings
6. Winter Olympics? That was so 1988
7. In Banff there is no danger of a bar brawl with Olympic Mascots
8. Have you seen the TV show Peak Season??
9. No need to use an umbrella on the way to the chairlifts
10. Our lifties use brooms and shovels, not squeegees
Banff Lake Louise Tourism is a destination marketing organization for the Town of Banff, Community of Lake Louise and Banff National Park. Supporting over 800 businesses, our mission is to engage visitors in unrivalled, remarkable experiences with our membership. For travel media inquiries, please contact Tulene Steiestol at email@example.com, www.banfflakelouise.com.